Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: tow straps
swampy

posted on 4/2/11 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
tow straps

i have seen some race 7s with TOW on the roll bar. is this sufficient for front and rear instead of having tow straps???
gavin174

posted on 4/2/11 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
depends on the regs for the series..

its ok for RGB but not for Kitcar..

some series have a maximum height for the tow point..

the problem with having in on the cage is,

if you are in the gravel the tow vehicle pulls the front of your car down into the kitty litter more

http://www.essexkitcarclub.com

Bobbus

posted on 5/2/11 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gavin174
its ok for RGB but not for Kitcar..

As far as I'm aware, using the roll bar as a tow point is no longer allowed in RGB (I'm pretty sure it was banned a couple of years ago).

Regards,

Rob.

BobM

posted on 6/2/11 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BobbusAs far as I'm aware, using the roll bar as a tow point is no longer allowed in RGB (I'm pretty sure it was banned a couple of years ago).

Correct - trouble is it'll pull you down into gravel. Need proper tow loops, they are picky about the loop size etc. as well, check the blue book.

Wot you doing in here then Rob? ;-)

Not very Locost but very BEC

procomp

posted on 6/2/11 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

750mc requires a tow point front and rear with a 60mm orofice. Straps are better than fixed steel items as Locost regs require tow points that do not protude outward.
Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 6/2/11 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
how are the nylon tow straps attached?
front of my car has a steel one already welded on, but i'd consider changing it. not for racing or anything, but so i've not got a 3mm steel blade sticking out the front

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

procomp

posted on 6/2/11 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

These are the ones i use and supply. TRS items that are fully FIA compliant so absoloutly no complaining from scruiteners. Attaches via a 10mm bolt.

Description
Description

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bigruss

posted on 6/2/11 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
How do you attach one to the front that doesn't foul the nosecone when it is pulled forwards and slightly upwards?

Or can the tow vehicles pull at a very low level?

procomp

posted on 7/2/11 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Attaches to a chassis suspension bolt / Bracket. They will tow with long rope to give the required angle.

Cheers Matt

bigruss

posted on 7/2/11 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Matt.

I've been meaning to fit one for ages, but have always been worried that someone will rip my nosecone off if they ever try to use it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.