Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: hmm, not sure if this is worth taking forward...
blakep82

posted on 7/5/09 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
hmm, not sure if this is worth taking forward...

i bought 400 steel washers off ebay to use on my suspension, at about £8 including postage its way cheaper than using the normal rose joint side spacers.

so 2 boxes of 200 just arrived, first one didn't feel or look right, so checked the other. the 2nd box was glued shut and felt heavier.

so i counted how many was in the first box of 200.

97 i counted. i doubt i'll need as many as 200, but decided to get 400 so i wasn't short. would be a bit petty in worrying about 100 washers? considering namrick and the like would be like £40 + post for 400

[Edited on 7/5/09 by blakep82]

[Edited on 7/5/09 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Staple balls

posted on 7/5/09 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
how many's in the 2nd box? (weigh each box to get a good idea)

blakep82

posted on 7/5/09 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
about 830g in the sencond box (inc the box itself) and 400g in the lighter box

the heavier box looks and feels right

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Mr Whippy

posted on 7/5/09 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
hmmm 400 washers seems a bit excessive on a cars suspension, is it all a bit sloppy...

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 7/5/09 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
I'd follow it up with them as a matter of principle - you ordered for and paid for 400 washers and received ~300 that's ~25% down = pi55 poor and unacceptable IMHO. You wouldn't do it to a buyer.

Staple balls

posted on 7/5/09 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, I'd have a bitch, just because you can.

if nothing else, you'll probably be able to get 2 quid back

02GF74

posted on 7/5/09 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
what if you really wanted 389 washers, you;d be stuffed.

if you don;lt want the extra washers, and it sounds like you don't, then negotiate a refund of some cash.

petty? maybe but yep - a deal's a deal.

blakep82

posted on 7/5/09 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
cool, just sent him this

Hi, thank you for getting the washers out to me, they arrived today. however, one box was sealed and glued shut which was fine, the second box looks already opened, and weighs about half of the first box. i did actually count and there was only 97 washers in there. theres no loose washers in the courier bag. i think someone may have picked up a wrong box from your stock before sending. I'm now a bit short on how many i need. whats the best way to resolve this?
Blake

i don't want to be nasty to him he's already left me good feedback (coz he has to i guess!)

lol mr whippy, i'm sure when i made a thread saying i wasn't sure if using washers instead of the normal side spacers was ok, i'm sure it was you that said its fine to do!

balidey

posted on 7/5/09 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
I recently bought some (don't say anything) scotchlocks from ebay. They were very cheap, arrived quickly, but two were missing the metal blade. I emailed the seller saying that I don't want 2 replacements, just letting you know about it, incase any future customers complained.
Then 2 days later a bag of 20 arrive.

So, a shining light, it seems there ARE some good people on ebay still.

blakep82

posted on 7/5/09 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
ooh he got back to me real quick

HI,My apologies ,we do sell these in 100s as well as 200s ,and it would seem the packer has sent you a part box ,i will get the balance in the post to you ..regards..LES

top man. when i realised i was thinking if it got into a whole thing of send the box back, and he'd send out another one blah blah...

only thing is, at some point someone was going to get 97 when they ordered 100

Staple balls

posted on 7/5/09 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
good to hear there's still decent people out there.

speedyxjs

posted on 7/5/09 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Just shows its worth following situation like the through

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.