Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Robin hood 2b+ unregistered
Cheesey931

posted on 9/5/24 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Robin hood 2b+ unregistered

Hi, all i have bought a Robinhood 2b+ but it is unregistered no v5 no paperwork no chassis number, etc., and on checking it is a wiring nightmare, so I plan to strip it down to a rolling chassis and rebuild with a build diary of pics so I can register on a Q plate.

is this something anyone has done or heard of!!!!!

in need of help and advice

loggyboy

posted on 9/5/24 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds very normal to be honest. Been done many times - anything else you think makes it unusual?

Mistral Motorsport

nick205

posted on 9/5/24 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds pretty reasonable to me. Several on here have bought part built/nearly finished kits, stripped them down and rebuilt. From your description it sounds like you'll have to go through the IVA and registering process once finished.
Cheesey931

posted on 9/5/24 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Thanks for the response, the thing I am worried most about is the paperwork and build proof for the IVA as I have heard that you need to have proof of the build from start to finish with photos and engine age, as my engine number has been painted over but I believe it is a sierra 2.0 pinto efi

Regards

Ian

Slimy38

posted on 9/5/24 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheesey931
Hi Thanks for the response, the thing I am worried most about is the paperwork and build proof for the IVA as I have heard that you need to have proof of the build from start to finish with photos and engine age, as my engine number has been painted over but I believe it is a sierra 2.0 pinto efi

Regards

Ian

You're stripping it down and rebuilding it, with a build diary? I think that'll be fine for proof of build.

Could you remove the engine paint to see if there is some evidence of a number on there? I'd suggest some chemical remover rather than something like an angry grinder of course.

Dingz

posted on 9/5/24 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Join the Rhocar site, you’ll find all you need on there Robin Hood Owners Club and Register

Phoned the local ramblers club today, but the bloke who answered just
went on and on.

Cheesey931

posted on 10/5/24 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
@Slimy38 thanks i will try once i have all the body panels off and can get to it a bit easier.

Ta

nick205

posted on 10/5/24 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
Slimy38 makes good comments that

1. Your rebuild with plenty of photo evidence should cover what you need.
2. Chemical paint removal on the engine block will probably reveal an engine number.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.